Ed Catmull, the founder of Pixar, co-authored this text. This reference touches on how Catmull built the creative group Pixar as well as his relationship with Steve Jobs.
I have selected books concerning the history, industry, and techniques of 3DCG in general. In relation to CG animation, I chose books related to the world-renowned group Pixar and the necessary books for understanding Japanese CG animation.
- Ōguchi, Takayuki. Konpyūta Gurafikkusu no Rekishi: 3DCG to iu Imajinēshon, Film Art, Inc., 2009.
- Masson,Terrence. CG101:A Computer Graphics Industry Reference (2nd Edition), Digital Fauxtography, 2007.
- Price, David A.. The Pixar Touch : the Making of a Company, Hayakawa Shobo, 2009.
- Catmull, Edwin and Wallace, Amy. Creativity Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration, Random House, 2014.
- Ōmura, kōichi et al. CG101: A Computer Graphics Industry Reference (2nd Edition), Digital Fauxtography, 1985.
- Doi, Hiroko. Super Team Polygon Pictures: The 15th Anniversary of Polygon Pictures, Axis Publishing, 1998.
- Kuno, Tsutomu. Shirogumi dokuhon, Fujinsha, 2016.
- Computer Graphics (rev. ed.), Computer Graphic Arts Society (CG-ARTS), 2015.
- Kurachi, Noriko. The Magic of Computer Graphics: Landmarks in Rendering, CRC Press, 2007.
- NOGUCHI Koichi. Nihon shijō ni okeru CG animēshon no genjō: Rakuen tsuihō wo chūshin ni (The Current State of CG Animation in the Japanese Market: Focusing on Expelled from Paradise). Animēshon Kenkyū 18-1, 2016.