This history book covers the dawn of 3DCG to the time of publication. It focuses on foreign works but also includes some pieces from Japan. It also classifies them according to companies and people.
I have selected books concerning the history, industry, and techniques of 3DCG in general. In relation to CG animation, I chose books related to the world-renowned group Pixar and the necessary books for understanding Japanese CG animation.
- ŌGUCHI Takayuki. Konpyūta gurafikkusu no rekishi: 3DCG to iu imajinēshon (History of Computer Graphics: The Imagination of 3DCG). Film Art-sha, 2009
- Terrence Masson. CG101: A Computer Graphics Industry Reference (2nd Edition). Digital Fauxtography, 2007
- David A. Price. The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company. Random House, 2009
- Edwin Catmull, Amy Wallace. Creativity Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration. Transworld Publishers, 2014
- ŌMURA Kōichi, KAWAGUCHI Yōichirō, NOJI Suma. CG in Japan: Konpyūta gurafikkusu no saizensen (The Forefront of Computer Graphics). Graphics-sha, 1985
- DOI Hiroko. Super Team Polygon Pictures: The 15th Anniversary of Polygon Pictures. Axis Publishing, 1998
- KUNO Tsutomu. Shirogumi dokuhon (Shirogumi Reader). Fujinsha, 2016
- Konpyūta gurafikkusu (Computer Graphics) (rev. ed.). Computer Graphic Arts Society (CG-ARTS), 2015
- KURACHI Noriko. The Magic of Computer Graphics: Landmarks in Rendering. CRC Press, 2011
- NOGUCHI Kōichi. Nihon shijō ni okeru CG animēshon no genjō: Rakuen tsuihō wo chūshin ni (The Current State of CG Animation in the Japanese Market: Focusing on Expelled from Paradise). Animēshon Kenkyū 18-1, 2016