Denys Chevalier was a visual art critic, enamored of Picasso. Of course, on this ground, he hated Walt Disney and adored UPA. His starting viewpoint is questionable, but the book is consistent with it, and was published just in the middle of the years of “auteur”, “individual” “anti-Disney” cultural Movement.
Recommendations including this Document
- Giannalberto Bendazzi, Animation – A World History, CRC Press, 2016
- Giannalberto Bendazzi, L’uomo che anticipò Disney, Tunuè, 2007
- Giannalberto Bendazzi, “The Italians Who Invented the Drawn on Film Technique,” Animation Journal, 1996
- Michael Barrier, Hollywood Cartoons – American Animation in its Golden Age, Oxford University Press, 1999
- Leonard Maltin, Of Mice and Magic, New American Library, first edition 1980, revised edition 1987
- Robert Benayoun, Le dessin animé après Disney, Jean-Jacques Pauvert, 1961
- Brigitta Iványi-Bitter, Kovásznai – A Cold War Artist, Research Center Foundation, 2016
- Henry T. Sampson, That’s Enough, Folks, The Scarecrow Press, 1998
- Denys Chevalier, J’aime le dessin animé, Denoël, 1962.
- Paul Wells, Animation – Genre and Authorship, Wallflower, 2002